The Dipstick® from The Face® Companies is the gold standard for the flatness/levelness measurement of pavements, bridge decks, airport runways, taxiways, etc.
The Dipstick is used and specified in 65 countries by clients including the World Bank and the World Road Association (PIARC).
A World Bank Standard Class 1 device, the Dipstick measures International Roughness Index (IRI), Half-Car IRI, ASTM E1926-08, and many other roughness indices. And Dipstick instantly calculates IRI and instantly produces graphs on-site.
The Dipstick Road Profiler is also specified by the United States Federal Highway Administration (FHWA).
The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) has established its Standard R 41 [most recently published as R 41-05 (2010)] to, “… collect precision profile data utilizing the Face Technologies Dipstick.” AASHTO has found that the Dipstick, “measures profiles (relative elevation differences) at a rate and accuracy greater than traditional rod and level surveys.”
The Dipstick is recognized in road industry studies as the ideal device for establishing reference road roughness data for calibrating high speed profilometers and response type road roughness measuring systems.
Dipstick Road Profiler Operation
The operator simply “walks” the Dipstick along a survey line alternately pivoting the instrument about each leg.
Two digital displays show the elevation difference between the Dipstick’s two support legs.
Audible and visual signals alert the operator when each elevation difference reading is measured and automatically recorded.
Watch this Video to Learn About the Dipstick Road Profiler
Para ver el video en Español haga click aqu¡
Manuales para el Dipstick disponible en Español
The Dipstick Road Profiler is a totally integrated data collection instrument that provides a fast and supremely accurate method of measuring the elevation profiles of roads and bridges.
– Never needs recalibrating… saving $10,000 or more over the lifetime of the device
– IRI, Half-Car IRI, and many other roughness indices
– Instantly calculates IRI on-site
– Instantly produces graphs on-site
– Create ASCII elevation files in seconds
– “Drag & Drop” downloading to desktop or laptop computer
– Automatic zeroing
– Prints reports to any printer (network or direct)
– Is delivered as a kit in a custom Zero Haliburton case
Fast, Easy and Compact
– Measure and report IRI on 1,000 ft. of highway in an hour
– Instant on-the-job IRI analysis
– Instantly calculate and display Rut depth of transverse lines
– Complete kit is sized as carry-on luggage
– Is extremely fast, efficient and accurate — this is the fastest Dipstick ever
– IRI and elevation data proven over millions of measurements
– Class I instrument approved by state, federal & international governments
– The most accurate highway measuring instrument made
Watch this Demonstration of the Repeatability of the Dipstick Profiler (1:11)
– Change data spacing in seconds between 12″, 300mm & 250mm
– Variable Spacer Bar included for collecting at 75mm, 100mm, 150mm, 200mm, 250mm, and 300mm or comparable inches
– Only Dipstick can be stepped over cords, rebar and debris
– Only Dipstick can be used to set forms
– Only Dipstick can be used to check deflection of beams and girders, and thickness of overlays
Here’s How to Measure the Thickness of Toppings, Fills, Overlays & Coatings with the Dipstick (1:42)
– Windows CE 3.0 “on-board” computer and Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT, ME, XP, Vista, or 7 compatible software for your PC
– Rechargeable on-board power system powers the Dipstick and computer for more than 10 hours.
– Comes equipped with a HP720 Windows CE computer
– PCMCIA Flash Card reader included
– Larger viewing screen
– “Drag & Drop” automatic data transfer to your PC
– Touch screen & keyboard interface
– Includes Pocket Word, Pocket Excel and Pocket PowerPoint
– Includes the new RoadFaceTM 6.0 program for Windows
– Includes the “Data Collection Trigger” for collecting data in high-noise environments.